Adventist Community Services (ACS) is a humanitarian agency of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church across America and in Bermuda. ACS meets people’s immediate needs through social services such as tutoring and mentoring programs, Youth Volunteer Corps, health screening education and assistance, elder care, inner city missions, disaster response, and other programs.
Are you interested in receiving disaster response training? Training in the areas of materials management, crisis counseling, forklift and chainsaw operation are offered periodically. For more information about Adventist Community Services or ACS training options click here.
Some of the ministries of our local ACS:
- provide bedding to fire victims
- help support local food pantry & homeless shelters
- sponsor Free Quilt & Craft Times
- help seniors and others with yard work
- assemble Bags of Love for displaced children
- sew & donate lap robes, walker bags, quilts & pillows
- teach beginning quilting
- promote community service at annual Wisconsin Seventh-day Adventist camp meeting (Bible camp)
We welcome volunteers!
Guidelines for crocheting and knitting hats, mittens & scarves
- Please use a "solid" pattern rather than an "airy" design for maximum warmth.
- For infants only use a baby yarn (made especially for tender skin).
- Since heads come in all sizes, any size you make will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time and effort in creating something useful for someone else. All items received will be given free to those in need.